Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Secrets to success

me:  i'm not mature enough to keep up in real life with my academic personality
 T:  haha
man
everytime i get into this kinda situation
where im up past midnight cramming my brains out
i vow that once i catch up i'm gonna start studying on a regular basis
 so i never have to put myself through this experience again
somehow that doesnt stick
 me:  no, i think it's a problem of building up the expectations
once people expect more out of you, you're screwed
i should've kept the expectations low to begin with
 T:  haha
thats what austin said the other day
 T:  he got great evals on his medicine rotation
bc he acted like a dumbass the first week
 me:  hahaha
man..
 T:  then his attending was surprised when he turned out to not be a dumbass
 
 me:  yeah, i should've come off as a dumbass
when people know you're not a dumbass yet you still turn in crappy work....well, then the secret's out about your laziness
/lack of discipline
 T:  yea going the "most improved" route also makes your prof feel better about themselves
 me:  man, sooo true.
 T:  its a win win
haha
the secret to sucess!!
 me:  sigh.

No comments:

Notes from the surge: Love in the time of covid

2 months in.  My buddy Matt texted our group when his team was still doing contact tracings at LAX as the first covid cases landed in US...